Blog To Express

A blogosphere learning experience to express with blog

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

A "recycled teenager" learning to blog.

May 22, 2012

Color the World with Photoshop

What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong



Songwriters: Thiele, Robert; Weiss, George David;

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

 I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?"
They're really sayin', "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know
And I think to myself What a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Photos of  yours truly, Thimbuktu in black and white juxtaposed another set in colour with Photoshop.

Derek Tait, my British writer friend and blogger of "Sampans, Banyans and Rambutans" posted the coloured photos to my Facebook profile page.

Our Facebook conversation messages on this topic quoted below:

"Who's this colourful young man ?".

A pleasant surprise from Derek at his blog
.
James Seah

[Bwah-hah-hah my dear Derek ! Thank you for so kind to colour this photo of me taken 40 years ago.

How did you photoshop my original FB profile photo in black and white. So nice.

My memory is poor...I couldn't remember this old photo of me with a "crown of glory" when I was 20-something.

Pls help me know how I can turn back the clock and I look that way again?

Cheerio!
James Seah
Sunday 20 May, 2012] 

Derek Tait 
[Hi James,  Glad you like the photo. We both need a time machine so we can travel back and take lots of photos in colour! Best wishes,

Derek].



[Hi James, Here's another one! Best wishes, Derek]


[Hi James,

"If you've got  photoshop , here's the process I used to colour in the photo. It's quite easy really".]

Thanks to Derek for sharing this something new to me. I did not explore further into 'Photoshop' to learn more into this knowledge. Many of my friends with formal training in "Photoshop" are aware of this colour image conversion from black and white to colour.

Derek may be surprised that over 50 years ago before "Photoshop"  was commonly used as an image editor software application on the computer, an old artist at a Tanjong Pagar photo studio had to colour original black and white photos by hand.  There were very few artists with this skill and it is now a vanished trade. Photo Credit: National Archives of Singapore with thanks and acknowledgement.


The total number of colours available in the world cannot be distinguished. In other words, there are an infinite number of colors in the world. However, our eyes will always detect colors according to the interaction with light spectrum.

Humans can observe several basic spectral colors:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. In addition there is white, which is a combination of all these colors, and black which is an absence of color.

All other colors visible to humans are combination of these.

I grew up in the days of  black and white photos, TV,  newspapers and magazines and other published media without colour.  The world is as colourful as ever though.

God the Creator did not create a monochrome colour world.

Can we imagine a world without colour?  Just imagine  pictures life and love 50 years from today (1930).

It is a colourful world we see today. to enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature in this human world.

I bounced on a blog "Color the World" which the blogger described herself as "Woman, Mother, Grandmother loving Life To give to each and every day a smile to someone else. To be a lifelong learner, inspiring to myself first and then to others. To listen to people and give them a helping hand if possible. To create a place surrounded by nature, warmth, creative and spiritual growth. I endeavour to be fair, just, loyal and honest. But most of all, to live life as a play and experience the beauty all around me.


A related blog topic "Colour of Harmony" (Part 1 and 2) previously posted to share here.

Have a wonderful, colourful world for everyone to enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home